Bjørn Petter Kaltenborn
Key academic and project management qualifications:
- Social science research, particularly in the fields of protected areas, resource conflicts human-wildlife interactions, nature tourism, outdoor recreation, human dimensions of resource management, environmental preferences, human-environment interactions.
- Environment and development research
- Rapid response assessments
- Designing and conducting surveys, interviews, analysis of social science and integrated land use data.
- Protected areas, participatory planning, community involvement, conflict resolution
- Environmental impact assessments and monitoring, strategies and procedures for decision-making.
- Particular focus on environmentally and socially/culturally sensitive areas.
- Land use management and planning, procedures, techniques, policy, and implementation.
- Natural resources and recreation resources inventorying, mapping and analysis, including systems analysis.
- Project management (design, funding, planning and administration).
- Managing and leading research groups
Field experience and related skills:
Vis hele profilen til Bjørn Petter Kaltenborn
- Extensive field experience in a range of environments through all seasons. Field work in arctic, mountain, northern forest, tropical, savannah and desert environments. Survival training, field logistics and navigation in remote regions. Experience with indigenous communities, local community relations and communication. Freelance photography and lecturing. Certified dog trainer (Norwegian Kennel Klub). Hunting instructor (NJFF).