Subtropiske og tropiske økosystemer
Graciela Monica Rusch
Wide research interests on plant sciences, specifically on functional ecology, ecosystem function and ecological processes related to land-use, herbivory and the maintenance and management of biological diversity. Extensive international experience including research and consultancy projects in Europe, North America, South and Central America, and East Africa. Experience of project coordination including a number of international projects (Research Council of Norway and EU). A number of these projects are cross-disciplinary with components of ecology/biology and social/economic sciences. The work related to the projects have comprised own research, supervision of MSc and PhD students, consultancy and project coordination activities.
Vis hele profilen til Graciela Monica Rusch
Bjørn Petter Kaltenborn
Key academic and project management qualifications:
- Social science research, particularly in the fields of protected areas, resource conflicts human-wildlife interactions, nature tourism, outdoor recreation, human dimensions of resource management, environmental preferences, human-environment interactions.
- Environment and development research
- Rapid response assessments
- Designing and conducting surveys, interviews, analysis of social science and integrated land use data.
- Protected areas, participatory planning, community involvement, conflict resolution
- Environmental impact assessments and monitoring, strategies and procedures for decision-making.
- Particular focus on environmentally and socially/culturally sensitive areas.
- Land use management and planning, procedures, techniques, policy, and implementation.
- Natural resources and recreation resources inventorying, mapping and analysis, including systems analysis.
- Project management (design, funding, planning and administration).
- Managing and leading research groups
Field experience and related skills:
Vis hele profilen til Bjørn Petter Kaltenborn
- Extensive field experience in a range of environments through all seasons. Field work in arctic, mountain, northern forest, tropical, savannah and desert environments. Survival training, field logistics and navigation in remote regions. Experience with indigenous communities, local community relations and communication. Freelance photography and lecturing. Certified dog trainer (Norwegian Kennel Klub). Hunting instructor (NJFF).