- Riverine production of anadromous salmonids
- Competition and habitat use of juvenile salmonids
- Negative impacts on fish communities
- Mitigation measures for freshwater fish
- Gyrodactylus salaris - effects and mitigation measures
- Direct observations of riverine fish
Salmonid ecology, life history, climate change, fish population management, many years of experience on effects of hydroelectric utilization and other encroachments in freshwater ecosystems
Ecophysiology, aquaculture, smoltproduction/releases of fish, pollution and other human impacts, salmonids in sea, fish diseases-parasites, biotelemetry.
Aquatic radioecology, population ecology, life history, ecological modelling, fisheries management.
Salmonid ecology and management (leader of Scientific Advisory Committee for Atlantic Salmon Management in Norway), regulated rivers, life history, evolutionary biology (thermal adaptation, character displacement) and functional biodiversity, bioenergetics, climate change, environmental pollution (radioactivity, acid rain), and research administration (two years as Research Director, two years as Assisting Research Director and one year as Research Coordinator)
Behavioural Ecology, Sexual selection, Statistical analysis, Salmon biology
Ferskvannsøkologi i rennende vann. Laksefisk og bunndyr.